Tuesday 24 May 2016

Ginger Zee reveals the severity of her injury

 

Ginger Val 
Ginger Zee was working hard to play down her pelvic injury on Dancing with the Stars."The moves on the bench during the contemporary routine were the ones that always got me," the Good Morning America meteorologist told PEOPLE after Mondays season 22 performance finale. "So I definitely felt tightness in my back on the bench and then it went away. I was grateful."

But earlier in the week, Zee was in a much more dire situation.

"On Thursday there was definitely a point where the physical therapist said, 'Stop. You can't dance anymore right now,' " Zee told reporters. "I didn't know how that was going to play out. The next day I felt a little bit better, but she said, 'Don't do any of the [lifts].' So I hadn't done my dances full out all the way through until today. That was scary."

But the doctor's orders for Zee's actions outside the rehearsal room were even more worrisome for the ABC News personality.

"I couldn't hold my baby," said Zee, who gave birth to son Adrian Benjamin in December. "The therapist said I shouldn't hold him on either side. It was awful."

Zee is one of three finalists who could be crowned the winner on the Dancing with the Stars season 22 finale on Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET on ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment