Monday 23 May 2016

Céline Dion honors 'beloved' husband accepts Icon Award

 

Celine Rene 
 
Céline Dion let the tears flow as she accepted the Icon Award at 2016 Billboard Music Awards Sunday, dedicating the special award to her late husband, René Angélil, who died just four months earlier.

"René, this one's for you," she said through tears at the conclusion of her heartfelt acceptance speech. "The show must go on."

Dion, 48, expected to receive the award from Seal, but was shocked when the British singer called her son René-Charles on to the stage to present her with the award.

"I'm sorry for crying," she said as she gripped her 15-year-old son's hand. "I want to be so strong in front of my family and my kids."

Later, she thanked her fans and those close to her for supporting her extraordinary career.

"Music has been my passion since almost I can remember," she said. "So many people helped me get where I am today ... most especially I want to thank the fans for traveling through music with me in good and bad times."

She also thanked her three children, and then poignantly thanked her late husband.

"Most importantly, my beloved husband who I know will continue to watch over me from up above," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment