Friday 22 January 2016

Manchester United deny meeting with Guardiola in Paris

Pep Guardiola 1Manchester United have debunked reports, which claimed that club officials met with Bayern Munich coach, Pep Guardiola in Paris last week, to discuss the possibility of him replacing Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.
France Football claimed on Thursday, that the meeting took place at the Hotel Bristol in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. But a United spokesman has insisted it is not true.
There is a massive scramble among English heavyweights for Guardiola, who announced in December that he wants to work in England next season, after his current deal at the Allianz Arena runs out.
“I need a new challenge and I want to use that chance to be a manager in England,” he said at the time.
“I want to experience the atmosphere in England and I look forward to the stadiums there. I am 44 and it is the right time. There are offers but I haven’t signed for anyone yet. When I have a new club I will let everyone know.”
The Spaniard is widely expected to take over at Manchester City, but Chelsea and United are trying to tempt him before he puts pen to paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment