Monday 10 October 2016

Maje Ayida - “My Break Up With Toke Nearly Ruined My Business”


Maje Ayida, Toke Makinwa’s ex husband recently in an interview with Thelca Wilkie opened up on how he met Toke, his breakup with Toke Makinwa and the effect it had on his his business and his new baby.
Read excerpts below:
On how he met Toke:
“We met at a boat club in Lagos. She is a great person. She is going to keep flying and she is going to soar because that is how great she is. You guys haven’t seen anything yet about how special this girl is”.
On his new role as a father:
“I am still learning. Its a whole new world. Its a whole lot of self discovery to come so I just take each day as it comes. Its life. Like is evolving. Life is crazy. You just got to hold on, strap up and move on”
On getting married again:
 “No. I don’t know”.
About the media attention he had last year after his breakup:
“I had a very dramatic year last year. I am kind of slowly trying to climb out of that hole. How did I deal with it? I focused on my work. I put my work forward and allowed that speak for me. I couple of the big brands I work with got a bit spooked. Business wasn’t actually kicking”.
When asked whether it was fair for him to have been in the face of the media at the time:
“I think its life. I think it happens. If you are in the media for the wrong reason, its going to affect you”
On lessons he learned:
“I learnt that people could be vicious. People could be judgmental when they no nothing about you or anything about your story or where you are coming from but its fine. Hold on to the people that do know you. They are the ones that matter and don’t get derailed”.
Watch interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment