Saturday 28 May 2016

YouTube's Hannah Hart reveals how an inside joke led to an online empire

 

Hannah Hart 
Hannah Hart had no idea that what had started out as silly joke between her and her friend would later become the foundation of a blooming career."Back in March 2011, I made a video as a joke to a friend called My Drunk Kitchen and I sent it to her via YouTube because, to me, in 2011 YouTube was just a platform you used to send people things, not really, you know, create an entire new career path," Hart tells PEOPLE in a video interview. "After that first My Drunk Kitchen, I started noticing that people wanted more and more episodes of this new 'show' so I decided to continue to make videos and make more content because I so enjoyed the relationship with the community that we were building."

The 29-year-old YouTube star – who has since wrote and published her first book My Drunk Kitchen: A Guide to Eating, Drinking, and Going With Your Gut, starred in the movies Camp Takota and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, does comedy tours, and has created a volunteer program called Have a Heart Day – is adding another project to her resumé.

"This year I'm so excited to announce a partnership with Barilla Pasta where we have made a wonderful new series called While the Water Boils, a series that's all about sharing your passions with passionate people," she says."On While the Water Boils, I get to interview such amazingly positive and passionate people like Bill Nye, Wanda Sykes, Hebru Brantley, Rachel Zoe – people that have taken their passions and formed them into career paths, people that I admire a ton. And then, we get to eat pasta."

Because Hart has almost 2.5 million YouTube subscribers, taking her social media advice is a must.

"If you guys don't follow Carrie Fisher on Twitter, you are missing out" she says. "Her tweets give me life. It's a festival for the senses."

No comments:

Post a Comment